Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default combine countif and sumproduct?

I had this message buried in another email so posting as a new
question...

Column A1 would have and B1 would have
10/10/2007 16:04 CA
10/17/2007 16:10 OR
1/3/2008 10:32 MA
1/5/2008 14:00 MA
2/4/2008 11:00 OR
2/4/2008 11:30 MA
2/10/2008 15:00 OR

then I want formulas with a row by states and column months
01/2008 02/2008
MA 2 1
OR 0 2

Does that makes sense? I currently use the formula to sum them all up
by state using COUNTIF(state!B1:B2000,"CA")
Can I combine the COUNTIF with the SUMPRODUCT in one formula? Its not
actually states I am using but something like that and I will need to
use a *, my real COUNTIF is COUNTIF(product!B1:B2000,"ucol*") so I
need to be sure and be able to use the wild symbol in the formula.
The SUMPRODUCT I use is SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A7)=10),--
(YEAR(A1:A7)=2008))

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 9, 11:50*am, ryguy7272
wrote:
Sumproduct should override your need for Countif:
This is a great resource for Sumproduct:http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html

Thanks but I can seem to get the formula correct to produce the
results as expected below. It will always add or what ever - can you
assist?
TIA

[...]

TIA- Hide quoted text -