Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PAL PAL is offline

Default Unique Lists

Hello,

I am trying to identify unique values in a list (several hundred rows in a
column). I am using the Advanced Filter function.

Is it true that when you indicate the fields to "copy to" you have to work
within that worksheet and you then have to copy that list to another
worksheet to use? Seems like this adds an additional step w/ room for a copy
and paste error.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Start the process from the sheet where you want the filtered data to be
copied to.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"PAL" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to identify unique values in a list (several hundred rows in a
column). I am using the Advanced Filter function.

Is it true that when you indicate the fields to "copy to" you have to work
within that worksheet and you then have to copy that list to another
worksheet to use? Seems like this adds an additional step w/ room for a
copy
and paste error.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Works fine for me. I just tried it on 1000 rows of data.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP