Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count of times a number is repeated by date?

My spreadsheet has a record of every time a problems exsists. Problems are
classified by numbers 1-9.
A date may occur more than onces on the spread sheet, a classification may
occur more than onceon a date.
I need to summarized;
how many times a date occurs in spread sheet then how many times a
classification occures on that date.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A Pivot Table should do what you want to do:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"bjkeyt" wrote:

My spreadsheet has a record of every time a problems exsists. Problems are
classified by numbers 1-9.
A date may occur more than onces on the spread sheet, a classification may
occur more than onceon a date.
I need to summarized;
how many times a date occurs in spread sheet then how many times a
classification occures on that date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Whe
D1= the date you want to match
D2= the number (1-9)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100=D1),--(B2:B100=D2))

HTH,
Paul