Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formating to Show Numbers NOT Divisible by another

I want to add conditional formatting to show me any number that is divisible
by 54. So if the number is 108, it would be ok because it's divisible by 108
but if its 53, I want it highlighted because it is not divisible by 54

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.
--
Karrie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

A1 = 108

Select cell A1
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =AND(A1<0,MOD(A1,54)=0)
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sliver Rayne" wrote in message
I want to add conditional formatting to show me any number that is
divisible
by 54. So if the number is 108, it would be ok because it's divisible by
108
but if its 53, I want it highlighted because it is not divisible by 54

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.
--
Karrie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This did not work. Is it maybe because I need it to cover several cells
(A1.A7)? The conditional formatting would need to look at all of the amounts
in the cells and identify the cells that are not divisible by 54.
--
Karrie

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

A1 = 108

Select cell A1
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =AND(A1<0,MOD(A1,54)=0)
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sliver Rayne" wrote in message
I want to add conditional formatting to show me any number that is
divisible
by 54. So if the number is 108, it would be ok because it's divisible by
108
but if its 53, I want it highlighted because it is not divisible by 54

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.
--
Karrie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I had it backwards but you mentioned both conditions in your post:

show me any number that is divisible by 54.
identify the cells that are not divisible by 54.

So, I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right! <g

To format cells that *are not divisble* by 54:

Select the range of cells A1:A7
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =MOD(A1,54)
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out