Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Leave Cell Blank Continuously

I've been using =IF(formula=0,"",formula) to leave a cell blank if the
formula didn't come up with any value. However because this time around, I
also need to use the cells that have this formula as a reference cell, so I
can't leave it as "" in the middle of the formula. By doing that, there will
a #VALUE! error.

This lead me to the second try, which is instead of putting "", I make the
formula this way =IF(formula=0,,formula). This helps me eliminate the
#VALUE! error, but it doesn't leave the cell blank if the formula calculate
to zero value; it shows 0 instead of leaving the cell blank.

FYI, I'm working on a balance-sheet-like template that will bring the
balance line by line...

Does anyone know how to work this thing around?

Thank you so much,
Neon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want a specific cell to APPEAR blank when the value is zero, just use
Conditional Formatting and set the font color to the same as the background
color.

If you want ALL cells to appear blank when the value is zero, then:

Tools Options View and uncheck zero values in the windows option section.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200777