Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chi Chi is offline

Default #VAlUE

Hi, the #VALUE error appeared when I deleted value of the cells.

EX: My formula is A3= A1/A2. The formula works fine, but after I clear the
value of A1 and A2, the #VALUE shows the A3. Would you please show me how to
stop the error.

Please help
Thank you so much
Chi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When the formula is working:

1. select cell A3
2. copy it
3. paste/special/value back onto A3
4. only then clear A1 & A2

Does this help??
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200776

"Chi" wrote:

Hi, the #VALUE error appeared when I deleted value of the cells.

EX: My formula is A3= A1/A2. The formula works fine, but after I clear the
value of A1 and A2, the #VALUE shows the A3. Would you please show me how to
stop the error.

Please help
Thank you so much
Chi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Interesting! Usually, if A1 and A2 are empty, = A1/A2 will give #DIV/0!,
not #VALUE
I don't know why you've got #VALUE; perhaps you've got text (perhaps
spaces) in A2?

If you want to leave A3 blank until A1 and A2 both have numbers, try =
IF(COUNT(A1,A2)=2,A1/A2,"")
--
David Biddulph