Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default .csv

what exactly does a .csv file used for? and can anyone tell me what does the
following error mean?

Missing Required Information: LineNo=18; MissingFlds="LineNo: 17 only has 28
fields. Should have 29."

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

..csv files are comma separated value (csv) text files. In other words, the
fields are separated (delimited) by commas. There is no comma after the last
field. .csv files are used to provide an easy way to exchange information
between various software applications.You're getting an error because
whatever program is reading the .csv file is expecting 29 fields and in Line
17 there are only 28. Look at the file in a text editor such as Notepad.
You'll find only 27 commas on line 17 separating the 28 fields and that
there is a missing field somewhere. An empy field is followed by a comma -
for example Field1,Field2,,Field4

Tyro