Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Long formulas for totals

In another pickle and need some help if you please.

Have columns for our HR to track vacation, personal, holiday, etc. Since
each day could be a different code, can someone help me with the if, else
formula. Cant seem to get what I need. Can get it for one cell but not the
rest.

Example:

Code hours
H 8.00
V 5.00
S 3.00

Total H
Total V
Total S

Want the formula to be if code = H than add hours to Total H, if code = V,
add to total value V, and so on.

I have all the rest automated but am stuck in this pickle€¦. Help€¦€¦€¦ Thanks
everyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need the SUMIF function:

=SUMIF(code_range,"H",hours_range)
=SUMIF(code_range,"V",hours_range)
=SUMIF(code_range,"S",hours_range)

where code_range might be A$2:A$50, and hours_range might be B$2:B$50
from your example.

Hope this helps.

Pete