Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting

I have a report that contains names,SSN's, and dates. I need to sort the
sheet by the last 2 of the SSN. Can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bridget,

Insert a 'helper' column next to the SSN No and extract the 2 rightmost
digits to it select all your columns and sort by that

To extract last 2 digits use
=RIGHT(A1,2)
You may have to tell Excel to sort anything that looks like a number as a
number

Mike

"Bridget" wrote:

I have a report that contains names,SSN's, and dates. I need to sort the
sheet by the last 2 of the SSN. Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the SS numbers are in a column by themselves, add a helper column with this
formula.

=RIGHT(B2,2) when Column B is SSN's

Assumes D is helper column and D1 contains a header.

Sort on column D

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 05:35:06 -0700, Bridget
wrote:

I have a report that contains names,SSN's, and dates. I need to sort the
sheet by the last 2 of the SSN. Can this be done?

Sorting VLookup vs Sorting SumProduct Lauren Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 21st 07 12:19 AM
sorting Michaela Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 20th 06 06:34 AM
Sorting Bill Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 14th 06 06:10 PM
sorting Proto Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 November 9th 06 12:00 PM
Sorting: Sorting by the First Character dzuy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 22nd 06 08:27 PM