Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to auto tab

I use a handheld scanner to read barcodes. How do I make excel automatically
tab to the next cell after input.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Joel,

Did a project using a scanner and I used an event macro, Worksheet Change
to make stuff happen when an item was entered with the scanner.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Joel Ganger" <Joel wrote in message
I use a handheld scanner to read barcodes. How do I make excel
automatically
tab to the next cell after input.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Joel,

Use something like this. If something is scanned into column A, then this
macro will fire and you will get the message. Or you can call a macro to do
what you want with the scanned entry which is what I did by calling
StudentID, (which I have edited out here).

So in my example once a student ID number is scanned into column 1 the
macro StudentID is called and the date and time and student information is
entered in that row. The StudentID macro draws it's info from a data base
on sheet 2 and commits it to sheet 1.

I am not an expert but if you need help getting it set up you could send me
a sample workbook and I will give it a go. Provide plenty of details of
what you want to happen and where, etc. dump the xxx

If Target.Column = 1 Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
'StudentID
MsgBox "I just scanned something"
Application.EnableEvents = True

Sub StudentID()
Dim FindVal As Variant
Dim fVal As Range

FindVal = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Val ue
Set fVal = Worksheets("Sheet2").Columns("A").Find(FindVal)

If Not fVal Is Nothing Then
fVal.Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 5).Copy _
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D25000").End(xlUp).Offset( 1, 0)
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 1) = Date
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 2) = Time
End If
If ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 4).Value = "" Then
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 3).Value = " No student data for this ID no."
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 1) = ""
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 2) = ""

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Joel Ganger" <Joel
wrote in message
I use a handheld scanner to read barcodes. How do I make excel
automatically
tab to the next cell after input.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Joel,

Too much information in my reply, try one of these...
First Tabs rows and second Tabs Colums.

Option Explicit

If Target.Column = 1 Then
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select