Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel

I have a spreadsheet that has a number of items in it. Each with their own
due date. I would like to have another summary worksheet that shows me the
number of items that are due within the next 15 days, 30 days, 45 days and 60
days. I don't need to know the specific items just the count of the items
due in these periods.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Seems like simple algebra. I think more information is required to do this
right; otherwise just taking shots in the dark.

In the meantime, consider this...this would be a nice touch once you are
done with the calculations:
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html
It will allow you to apply colors (formatting) to the cells that meet
certain conditions (which you define).

Regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy

"fluffy" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has a number of items in it. Each with their own
due date. I would like to have another summary worksheet that shows me the
number of items that are due within the next 15 days, 30 days, 45 days and 60
days. I don't need to know the specific items just the count of the items
due in these periods.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let me clarify further. I have a spreadsheet that has a worksheet with over
100 items that sort into three different categories, each with it's own
target date. I would like to have another worksheet that would show me the
number of items in category A, B, and C that have a target dates of 15 days
or less from todays date. I would further like to capture the cound of
those due between 15 days and 30 days from today. 31 and 40, 41 and 60. I
hope this helps a bit.

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

That would count every date before 15 days ago I think that you may mean to
count dates in the lastr 15 days. If so try:

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A1:A25TODAY()-16)*(Sheet1!A1:A25<TODAY()))

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
Try somethong like:

=COUNTIF(Sheet1!A1:A25,"<"&TODAY()-15)

--

"fluffy" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has a number of items in it. Each with their
own
due date. I would like to have another summary worksheet that shows me
the
number of items that are due within the next 15 days, 30 days, 45 days
and 60
days. I don't need to know the specific items just the count of the
items
due in these periods.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It would if I was thinking straight! <g

With the Dates in A2:A150
Categories in B2:B150 (ie Cat A, Cat B or whatever the real names are)

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A2:A150TODAY())*(Sheet1!A2:A1 50<TODAY()+16)*(Sheet1!B2:B150="Cat
A"))

will return a count of all dates that are later than today but not as far in
advance as 16 days after today and the Category in Column B is "Cat A"

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A2:A150TODAY()+14)*(Sheet1!A2 :A150<TODAY()+31)*(Sheet1!B2:B150="Cat
A"))

will do the same thing for dates 15 days or more from today up to 30 days
from today.

31 to 40 use +30 and +41 and 41 to 60 use +40 and +61 respectively.