Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula to send answer from 2 sources to one column

=(IF((I4="a"),J4, " ") or IF((E4="A"),D4," "))

This is my arttempt to construct a formula fill in a table of expenses. I
know that each part of it will work separaely but this returns an answer of
#VALUE!

Can anyone tell me why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

sorry I went parenthesis mad

=(IF(I4="a",J4,IF(E4="a",D4,"")))

Mike

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe

=(IF((I4="a"),J4,IF(E4="a",D4,"")))

Mike

"John Rundle" wrote:

=(IF((I4="a"),J4, " ") or IF((E4="A"),D4," "))

This is my arttempt to construct a formula fill in a table of expenses. I
know that each part of it will work separaely but this returns an answer of
#VALUE!

Can anyone tell me why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Maybe you meant to check it in this sequence
In say, K4: =IF(I4="a",J4,IF(E4="a",D4,""))

Note that the check: ="a" is not case sensitive
It's also better to return a blank: "", rather than a single space: " "
--
Max
Singapore