Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default files being saved from a template but have no .xls and have " " ar

Good after noon
I have a file that is a template that several of us use in the office and i
may have done some of kind of upgrade by mistake and now when I goto save the
file, there are " " around the file and i have to remove them to save the
file to what name i want . also it the extension is gone as well so it doesnt
save it as a .xls file and i was wondering what might be causing this problem.
Also i am using a the formula date() one the same template and it use to do
a calcuation for me and place the date in my cell, as dd/mm/yyyy now i am
gettitng an error cuz it is tring to put the Day of the month as well, I dont
have room on my spread sheet for the day of month. this all happened when the
time changed here ...

If you anyone can please help me, i would be greatly appricated.
Derek