Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default counta in array formula not working

Hi,

My series B13:B20 contains zero's and text values. I wish to count the text
values but not zero's or blanks.

I have tried the following as an array but its counting all cells in range
with the result = 8 which is not correct (as there are zeros and balnks in
the series).

=COUNTA(IF(B13:B20<0,"A",0))

Any ideas?

Bruce
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about
=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEN(B13:B20)0),--(B13:B20<0))

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Bruce" wrote:

Hi,

My series B13:B20 contains zero's and text values. I wish to count the text
values but not zero's or blanks.

I have tried the following as an array but its counting all cells in range
with the result = 8 which is not correct (as there are zeros and balnks in
the series).

=COUNTA(IF(B13:B20<0,"A",0))

Any ideas?

Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I wish to count the text values but not zero's or blanks

If blanks means empty cells:

=COUNTIF(B13:B20,"*")

--
Biff