Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup? populate 3 columns of data when match a common value,

I have a worksheet with 35,000 row accros 10 colums with 1 column of phy-care
giver number (text but it think I can convert it to a number) and in a
separate table I have 3 columns of a list of 2,000 phy with the same
caregiver number. I would like to match to the lareger data sheet with 3
columns of data on the same row containing Division, subspecialty, and name.
I think rather that vlookup I would like to make a formula to reference the
caregiver# in the larger data set to the same caregiver number of the smaller
phy list then if match populate the next 3 colums of division, subspecialty,
and name to the larger sheet. Thanks Tom.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=VLOOKUP(CareGiverNum,AddressOfOtherTableof2000,2, False)
=VLOOKUP(CareGiverNum,AddressOfOtherTableof2000,3, False)
=VLOOKUP(CareGiverNum,AddressOfOtherTableof2000,4, False)

Like
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$D$2000,2,False)

and copy down to match your 35000 row table.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP