Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Random names from short list

Ive seen some posts here about what Im trying to achieve and still Im not
able do it. I have a list of only 7 workers. I need to reorder them randomly
in another column. Ive tryied to use a formula Ive seen here
=INDEX($A$1:$A$65,RANK(B1,$B$1:$B$65))

But Im still getting duplicate names and #N/D errors. Ive tryied to
analyse the cause with no success. Can it be because Im using all the seven
names list?

By the way... my language is Portuguese and I think the function RANK
relates to the CORRESP formula right? (by the way, how can I convert formulas
from english to other languages?)

Thx in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

In my best Portuguese, try this

=Rand()
in B1 and drag down to the same length as your names

Put this in another column and drag down 7 rows
=INDEX($A$1:$A$7,RANK(B1,$B$1:$B$7))

Tap F9 and you wil get you 7 names randomely ordered

Mike

"Jose Lopes" wrote:

Ive seen some posts here about what Im trying to achieve and still Im not
able do it. I have a list of only 7 workers. I need to reorder them randomly
in another column. Ive tryied to use a formula Ive seen here
=INDEX($A$1:$A$65,RANK(B1,$B$1:$B$65))

But Im still getting duplicate names and #N/D errors. Ive tryied to
analyse the cause with no success. Can it be because Im using all the seven
names list?

By the way... my language is Portuguese and I think the function RANK
relates to the CORRESP formula right? (by the way, how can I convert formulas
from english to other languages?)

Thx in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Mike, thank you for your fast reply but I still have the same result over
here. Still with duplicate numbers and #N/D errors. But in my best Portguese
Im almost 100% certain that the INDEX function is INDICE but by the
looks of it Im doubting that RANK is CORRESP Where can I search any
info about functions and languages?

"Jose Lopes" wrote:

Ive seen some posts here about what Im trying to achieve and still Im not
able do it. I have a list of only 7 workers. I need to reorder them randomly
in another column. Ive tryied to use a formula Ive seen here
=INDEX($A$1:$A$65,RANK(B1,$B$1:$B$65))

But Im still getting duplicate names and #N/D errors. Ive tryied to
analyse the cause with no success. Can it be because Im using all the seven
names list?

By the way... my language is Portuguese and I think the function RANK
relates to the CORRESP formula right? (by the way, how can I convert formulas
from english to other languages?)

Thx in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://dolf.trieschnigg.nl/excel/excel.html