Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I add further info into a column containing a formula

Hi I have a spreadsheet which has been in use successfully for a year. The
calculations are mostly simple additions down columns. In the past I could
enter a new value and it would automatically be included in the total cell at
the bottom of that column. Now the new value can be entered but is not
included in the total cell. I have checked that the input cell is part of
the formula. It is as if the spreadsheet has become locked in some way?
Nobody else has access, have I ticked a box somewhere by mistake?