Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula

This is my current simple formula for a column. =SUM(F4+H4)/2 However when I
get the result I want to now perform this operation =Sum(ROUNDDOWN(A1,-1)+8).
How can I incorporate both formulas into one operation for one column?
Thank you
--
jpizzle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First of all, you don't need the SUM in the first formula, but I assume that
this formula would be in A1 for your second formula. So, you can combine
them like this:

=ROUNDDOWN((F4+H4)/2,-1)+8

Hope this helps.

Pete

"jpizzle" wrote in message
This is my current simple formula for a column. =SUM(F4+H4)/2 However when
get the result I want to now perform this operation
=Sum(ROUNDDOWN(A1,-1)+8).
How can I incorporate both formulas into one operation for one column?
Thank you
--
jpizzle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, to start with, throw away the SUM function unless you are going to use
it. [SUM will add a number of inputs, but you haven't given it a number of
inputs.]
It sounds as it what you want is =ROUNDDOWN((F4+H4)/2,-1)+8
--
David Biddulph

"jpizzle" wrote in message
This is my current simple formula for a column. =SUM(F4+H4)/2 However when
get the result I want to now perform this operation
=Sum(ROUNDDOWN(A1,-1)+8).
How can I incorporate both formulas into one operation for one column?
Thank you
--
jpizzle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Mar 12, 11:00*pm, jpizzle
wrote:
Thank you works great
--
jpizzle

"jpizzle" wrote in message
This is my current simple formula for a column. =SUM(F4+H4)/2 However when
get the result I want to now perform this operation
=Sum(ROUNDDOWN(A1,-1)+8).
How can I incorporate both formulas into one operation for one column?
Thank you
--
jpizzle- Hide quoted text -