Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Dynamic formulas

I am currently trying to get a cell to recognize the amount of work completed
by employees on a certain day, automatically. Each employee uses a monthly
log, and column A includes the day in M/DD format, whereas column G includes
the word "Completed" or "Deferred." I have worked out the formula to get a
different tab to count up "Completed" in a range of column G, but as the
sheet is monthly I am unable to get it to count up the amount for a specific
day, so they may manage their productivity.

How would I be able to get Excel to recognize today's date, and count up the
amount completed in column G just for that date?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10=TODAY()),--(G1:G10="completed"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Damien" wrote in message
I am currently trying to get a cell to recognize the amount of work
completed
by employees on a certain day, automatically. Each employee uses a
monthly
log, and column A includes the day in M/DD format, whereas column G
includes
the word "Completed" or "Deferred." I have worked out the formula to get
different tab to count up "Completed" in a range of column G, but as the
sheet is monthly I am unable to get it to count up the amount for a
specific
day, so they may manage their productivity.

How would I be able to get Excel to recognize today's date, and count up
the
amount completed in column G just for that date?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That worked perfectly, once I modified the ranges for my sheet. Thank you!

How might I cause it to count all non-empty cells for that same range,
instead of completed?

I'm using =SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B1000=TODAY()),--(G1:G1000="Completed")) to
track completed, and =SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B1000=TODAY())) for all listed under
that range, but I'd like to make it count up the range in the G range rather
than B range. Thanks again!

"Damien" wrote in message
I am currently trying to get a cell to recognize the amount of work
completed
by employees on a certain day, automatically. Each employee uses a
monthly
log, and column A includes the day in M/DD format, whereas column G
includes
the word "Completed" or "Deferred." I have worked out the formula to get
different tab to count up "Completed" in a range of column G, but as the
sheet is monthly I am unable to get it to count up the amount for a
specific
day, so they may manage their productivity.

How would I be able to get Excel to recognize today's date, and count up
the
amount completed in column G just for that date?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B1000=TODAY()),--(G1:G1000<"completed"),--(G1:G1000<""))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP