Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Parse hyperlink from visible text

I was given a large Excel file which contains a column with visible text
("Map") in it, which contains an underlying hyperlink to a URL.

Can I parse the hyperlink into another column? I can't find a way to do it,
but it seems this should be a fairly simple function.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your hyperlinks are in column A, then first enter this UDF:

Function hyp(r As Range) As String
hyp = r.Hyperlinks(1).Address
End Function

then in B1: