Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dan dan is offline

Default AutoText

I have been trying to get my Autotext to merge over to Excel (2003) from Word
(2003). CAN IT BE DONE?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not that I know of, unless you're talking about AutoCorrect which is common to
all applications within the suite.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:01:08 -0700, Dan wrote:

I have been trying to get my Autotext to merge over to Excel (2003) from Word
(2003). CAN IT BE DONE?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dan dan is offline

We have in Word 2003 an option to just type in a sentence, highlight the
sentence, and hit ALT+F3 and it will bring up a AutoText box. Name the
sentence and then whenever you type in the name of the sentence, it will ask
you "Hit enter to fill in with ....". It is just like AutoCorrect, but you
have set up the Autotext to do what you want.
I am wondering if Excel does have this option without using Macro's.
--
"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, unless Chuck
Norris is standing there."

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Not that I know of, unless you're talking about AutoCorrect which is common to
all applications within the suite.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:01:08 -0700, Dan wrote:

I have been trying to get my Autotext to merge over to Excel (2003) from Word
(2003). CAN IT BE DONE?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nothing like that in Excel except for the "AutoComplete for cell values" found
under ToolsOptionsEdit.

BUT...........the cells must be in a contiguous range in the column with not
near the flexibility of Word AutoText.

Gord