Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default can someone please help with this formula!

I have tried the function and played around with it abit but no luck,:

=IF('Events Due August'!B2:B1206,$C$3,SUMPRODUCT(--('Events Due
August'!F2:F1206='Customer Data Sheet'!B7))).

So I'm looking for the total number of events for a specific event
description e.g safety inspection for a specific customer which is where the
C3 in the customer data sheet comes in on my formula. Its just the IF part
where I need the end result by customer name which is causing me difficulties
as the rest of the formula works. What shall I do.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are saying that you only want to perform the SUMPRODUCT equation on
only the rows where column B2:B1206=C3, then:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Events Due August'!B2:B1206=$C$3),--('Events Due
August'!F2:F1206='Customer Data Sheet'!B7))

HTH,
Paul

--

"Sunny" wrote in message
I have tried the function and played around with it abit but no luck,:

=IF('Events Due August'!B2:B1206,$C$3,SUMPRODUCT(--('Events Due
August'!F2:F1206='Customer Data Sheet'!B7))).

So I'm looking for the total number of events for a specific event
description e.g safety inspection for a specific customer which is where
the
C3 in the customer data sheet comes in on my formula. Its just the IF
part
where I need the end result by customer name which is causing me
difficulties
as the rest of the formula works. What shall I do.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oops! I missed something.

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Events Due August'!F2:F1206='Customer Data
Sheet'!B7),--('Events Due August'!B2:B1206='Customer Data
Sheet'!$C$3))

Regards,
Paul