Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default using VLOOKUP for series data

I try to look for solution to automate using VLOOKUP to match the "part
number" and copy series data from another spreadsheet to working spreadsheet.
I have try the VLOOKUP and MATCH but only single value allow to copy.
Pls adv......chew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Need a more detailed explanation. Sounds like you want to return more than
one value. Post the formula you're using.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Automate" wrote in message
I try to look for solution to automate using VLOOKUP to match the "part
number" and copy series data from another spreadsheet to working
spreadsheet.
I have try the VLOOKUP and MATCH but only single value allow to copy.
Pls adv......chew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this. If you are going to return 5 columns, select five cells in a row
and while selected enter this formula. The formula will only be in the left
most cell to start with.

=VLOOKUP(A1,B1:K15,{2,4,6,8,10},0)

Now hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter.

Looks up the value in A1 and returns five column (of your choice) in the
cells selected. If you modify the formula you must select all cells that
have the formula and make the changes and Array Enter again.
(Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Automate" wrote in message
I try to look for solution to automate using VLOOKUP to match the "part
number" and copy series data from another spreadsheet to working
spreadsheet.
I have try the VLOOKUP and MATCH but only single value allow to copy.
Pls adv......chew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi

Need your adv whether this formula make sense to pull series of date from
Test2 worksheet to Test1 worksheet

=VLOOKUP("'Test 2'!A2:F9=403277-301", 'Test 2'!A2:F9, col_('Test
1'!L6:P6))

The formula keep on prompt me #NAME even how i adjust the mention formula

.......chew