Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MERGED CELLS

Dear sir,

I have an sheet which has 15000 data. In which some data is same and i have
to merged the same into one.

Is any way to find the same data because it take many hours to find one by
one

Thanks in advance

hardeep Kanwar(pai_kanwar @ yahoo.com)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds like you want to use a pivot table. Hightlight your table, click
data - Pivot Table... and go through the steps. Drop your column with
duplicate data into the "Drop Row Fields Here" section. This should remove
duplicates and allow you to sum, count, average... the other columns

"pai_kanwar" wrote:

Dear sir,

I have an sheet which has 15000 data. In which some data is same and i have
to merged the same into one.

Is any way to find the same data because it take many hours to find one by
one

Thanks in advance

hardeep Kanwar(pai_kanwar @ yahoo.com)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure what you mean by "merged the same into one".

Maybe you just want one each of all duplicates?

Try DataFilterAdvanced Filter.

Check "unique records" and "copy to another location".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 15:02:12 GMT, "pai_kanwar" <u40955@uwe wrote:

Dear sir,

I have an sheet which has 15000 data. In which some data is same and i have
to merged the same into one.

Is any way to find the same data because it take many hours to find one by
one

Thanks in advance

hardeep Kanwar(pai_kanwar @ yahoo.com)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry sir,

For not given the complete information.
here is the example:

john 15000
pai 2000
john 15000
maria 58000
pai 2000
paul 5000
maria 58000

I want the result

john 15000
pai 2000
maria 58000
paul 5000

Thanks in Advance
Gord Dibben wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "merged the same into one".

Maybe you just want one each of all duplicates?

Try DataFilterAdvanced Filter.

Check "unique records" and "copy to another location".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Dear sir,

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

hardeep Kanwar(pai_kanwar @ yahoo.com)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Follow the instructions for Advanced Filter posted in my first reply.

You will get your example result.

Gord