Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default condition formula

Could someone help me with this condition formula?

I need
If B10 equals, Boat or a Boat trailer, then add the hours of c10 into d10

I would appreciate any help that you can give me.

Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(OR(B10="Boat",B10="Boat trailer"),C10+D10,"")

or if B10 will never contain any other Boat anything:

=IF(LEFT(B10,4)="Boat",C10+D10,"")

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Kareinia" wrote in message
Could someone help me with this condition formula?

I need
If B10 equals, Boat or a Boat trailer, then add the hours of c10 into
d10

I would appreciate any help that you can give me.

Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't think I worded it right, because it's not working....I used the
columns as examples and I would just change column id's

See below how the sheet is actually set up.

Column B=list of equipment (Example: Boat, Boat Trailer, Truck and etc.)
Columns C through O=hours being charged to the equipment
Column S has the total hours for each piece of equipment
I want to pick up the total hours for the boats or the boat trailers and put
them in Column V on the same line that the boat or boat trailer was charged.
This way I can have the total hours charged just for the boats and trailers
in column V.

I hope this made sense...I'm really not at this...
I appreciate your help, especially on a Saturday morning...

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe

=IF(LEFT(B10,5)="boat",C10+D10,"")

Mike

"Kareinia" wrote:

Could someone help me with this condition formula?

I need
If B10 equals, Boat or a Boat trailer, then add the hours of c10 into d10

I would appreciate any help that you can give me.

Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Another attempt, Try this in V1

=SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(B1:B100,4)="Boat")*(S1:S100))

Alter the ranges to suit.

Mike

"Kareinia" wrote:

I don't think I worded it right, because it's not working....I used the
columns as examples and I would just change column id's

See below how the sheet is actually set up.

Column B=list of equipment (Example: Boat, Boat Trailer, Truck and etc.)
Columns C through O=hours being charged to the equipment
Column S has the total hours for each piece of equipment
I want to pick up the total hours for the boats or the boat trailers and put
them in Column V on the same line that the boat or boat trailer was charged.
This way I can have the total hours charged just for the boats and trailers
in column V.

I hope this made sense...I'm really not at this...
I appreciate your help, especially on a Saturday morning...

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe

=IF(LEFT(B10,5)="boat",C10+D10,"")

Mike

"Kareinia" wrote:

Could someone help me with this condition formula?

I need
If B10 equals, Boat or a Boat trailer, then add the hours of c10 into d10

I would appreciate any help that you can give me.

Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm sorry to bother you again, but will you look at the reply that I wrote
exactly how the spread sheet works?
I used your formula and changed the column ids to match the columns that I
need...
It's picking up the boat trailer's hours, but it is not picking up the hours
if column B has a boat listed....
This is what I put in....

=IF(OR(B7="Boat",B7="Boat Trailer"),+S7,"")

What am I doing wrong? S7 =the total hours that I want picked up and put
in V7