Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filter

I have a worksheet with 716 rows I need to select every 17th row. How do I
do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Helper column with the formula =MOD(ROW(),17), and autofilter by that?
--
David Biddulph

"Deborah" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with 716 rows I need to select every 17th row. How do I
do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Deborah

If you add another column to your exiting table let's say your data is in
A:M, then it is column N.
In N1 enter
=MOD(ROW(),17)
and fill down column N by double clicking the fill handle twice (the fill
handle is the small solid black cross that you see when you hover over the
bottom right corner of a cell)
This will put the sequence of numbers 1 through 16, then 0 for the 17th row
continuing on down the column.
Apply DataFilterAutofilter and use the dropdown on column N to select 0,
and you will have every 17th row.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Deborah" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with 716 rows I need to select every 17th row. How
do I
do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks so much for taking the time to write out these steps, Roger. I had a
similar question, but hadn't read this post. I received the formula from
David, as well, but wasn't sure what a "helper column" was. Before I went
back to ask him, I thought I would look at a few more posts to see if it was
explained. Your explanation was exactly what I needed, too. Thanks!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Deborah

If you add another column to your exiting table let's say your data is in
A:M, then it is column N.

"Deborah" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with 716 rows I need to select every 17th row. How
do I
do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're very welcome, Tammy.
Glad you found it useful and thanks for letting us know.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Deborah

If you add another column to your exiting table let's say your data is in
A:M, then it is column N.