Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting-If Formula

I am using office 2007 and have a formula in column F which states IF(E4=" ",
" ", E4/A4). This keeps the column formatted throughout the worksheet. I
now need to identify using conditional formatting, any cell which is greater
than 15% and less than 15%. When I choose this option through conditional
formatting, the empty cells are highlighted.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A blank cell would result in a value less than 15%, which might be why the
empty ones are highlighted. In your formula, do you have to have the IF
statement return a blank cell? Can you have it return a character other than
a number?

"GatorGirl" wrote:

I am using office 2007 and have a formula in column F which states IF(E4=" ",
" ", E4/A4). This keeps the column formatted throughout the worksheet. I
now need to identify using conditional formatting, any cell which is greater
than 15% and less than 15%. When I choose this option through conditional
formatting, the empty cells are highlighted.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not quite sure what you want to do, but I think this will help anyway. To
color non-blank cells one color if they are 15% and another color if they
are < 15%, try this:

- Select F1
- Select Conditional Formatting from the Format menu
- Set 'Formula Is' to =(AND(F115%,F1<""))
- click the Format button, select a color on the Patterns tab, and click OK
- click the Add button to add another condition
- on the second condition set 'Formula Is' to =(AND(F1<15%,F1<""))
- click the Format button, select a color on the Patterns tab, and click OK
- click OK to close the Conditional Formatting dialog

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"GatorGirl" wrote:

I am using office 2007 and have a formula in column F which states IF(E4=" ",
" ", E4/A4). This keeps the column formatted throughout the worksheet. I
now need to identify using conditional formatting, any cell which is greater
than 15% and less than 15%. When I choose this option through conditional
formatting, the empty cells are highlighted.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi