Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Round numbers up or down and always end in an 8

I have a pricing spreadsheet with formulas that calculate my retail pricing.
The pricing column has numbers for example $547, $342, $146 etc. I would like
them all to end with an 8. $548, $348, $148 etc etc.
Does anyone have any suggestion on a formula to make all my retail pricing
end in an 8?

Thank you in advance
--
jpizel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=FLOOR(A1,10)+8

Decimal values will be rounded to integers that end in 8:

14.95 = 18
18.88 = 18

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jpizel" wrote in message
I have a pricing spreadsheet with formulas that calculate my retail
pricing.
The pricing column has numbers for example $547, $342, $146 etc. I would
like
them all to end with an 8. $548, $348, $148 etc etc.
Does anyone have any suggestion on a formula to make all my retail pricing
end in an 8?

Thank you in advance
--
jpizel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you works great - One other question - can this formula be embedded
within another formula?
--
jpizel

"Teethless mama" wrote: