Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Urgent new user needs Macro HELP!

Would anyone have a Macro the help me get the results below?

Workbook name: enlformat2
Worksheet name: enldata
sheet2
sheet3

A B C D Agency LastN FirstN XXX

DoITT Jones Kay
DoITT Smith Bob
Confuse Terry Jerry
Acme Hook Kathy
Acme Fung Jay
OEM Mitchell Robert
DEP Law Frank
DCP Shank Dee
OEM Crane Harry
Confuse Shockey Jay
DoITT Lauben John
DEP Water Logged

The output to appear as follows:

A B C D
Agency LastN FirstN XXX
Acme
Fung Jay
Hook Kathy
Confuse
Shockey Jay
Terry Jerry

DCP
Dee Shank
DEP
Law Frank
Water Logged
DoITT
Jones Kay
Lauben John
Smith Bob

--
53214920

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have data in column A, B, C, etc. The A column consists of different
Agency Names ... the B column is the Last name and the C column is the First
name. I need to create a report that list the Agency name once with staff
names below it. That mean the Agency name would only printout one time
regardless of how many staff members it has associated with it. When it
comes to a different Agency it would the same thing. There are many Agencies
in the data (1600 records). It has to be sorted by Agency, Last and First
names.
--
53214920

"49niner" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You know have you looked in to Pivot tables at all.

You could easily get this done with out having to go through the pain of
setting up a macro to cover the 1600 pieces of data.

Create a pivot table and add Agency, Last Name, First Name to the left
column of the pivot table in that order. If you want to get rid of the rows
that say First Name Total then just right click on the first one you see and
click hide... do the same for Last Name and you will have a list with all the
agencies showing up once with all the last and first names showing up in a
list order.

"49niner" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I decided on the Macro route because someone else will be maintaining the
listing. They would be updating when necessary and doing a monthly
distribution. This report is a Emergency Notification Listing. I want him to
be able to delete and update records and simply run the macro for his report.
--
53214920