Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivots and Functions

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out with this dilema I have:

I'm working on a project that involves analysing data - being errors created
within a process - such as wrong colour, wrong size, damaged etc. In the past
I've used the pivots as 'source data' to create graphs, but it's very fiddley
in terms of having to change the values on each of the pivots to give a clear
picture of the graph for each day or week. What I would like to do is create
a graph directly from a table that is updated by the pivots. This enabling a
simply highlight of the column for each heading and changing the highest to
the lowest, rather than going to each of the pivots and modifiying each one.

To start each error is created by an operator of which they may create errors
over a period of time dates that form weeks. So as example for this week over
7 days we call week 1. Next week will be week 2. But for week 1 I want to be
able to produce a graph that shows all the errors created in that week by the
different operators and so on each week. How do I create this table and it be
fixed that the operators are updated accuately with each of the errors they
create for that week, that is directly updated by the pivots?

Thanks
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There's a tool called Prism that allows you to consruct multidimensional
("pivot") queries and analyses directly over any data source / table /
cube.

You may want to check it out. It's free to download at
http://www.sisense.com.

--
Smith7690
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What is it about this place - I struggle all weekend - post a message here
and all of a sudden the answer appears and it all falls into place without
anyone even having chance of replying! lol

I've mastered it now, thanks :)

JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's magic! And if you post your solution, it may help someone else
who's searching for an answer to a similar problem.

JuniorPivot via OfficeKB.com wrote:
What is it about this place - I struggle all weekend - post a message here
and all of a sudden the answer appears and it all falls into place without
anyone even having chance of replying! lol

I've mastered it now, thanks :)

JP

--
Debra Dalgleish