Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
an an is offline

Default Delete a "locked for editing file by..."

Hi!

I have a File.xls.
I would like delete it but when I try, return the message:

File.xls is locked for editing by 'an'.
How is possible delete it, please?

Thanks in adavnca.
an
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A couple more things to try:
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly
and
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen

Both from Debra Dalgleish's site.

If that file is on a network drive, you may have to ask your IT folks to reboot
that server.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
an an is offline

Ok, DP.

Problem solved in PC.
Trank you very much.
an

an wrote:

Hi!

I have a File.xls.
I would like delete it but when I try, return the message:

File.xls is locked for editing by 'an'.
How is possible delete it, please?

Thanks in adavnca.
an

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have the same problem with some (not all) .xls files opened in
compatibility mode from Excel 2007. After they have been re-saved once on our
Server (Windows Server 2003 R2) they are locked and cannot be modified or
deleted. The only work around I have found so far is to save the file with a
different name and reboot the server, after which the files can then be
deleted. We have checked these files on the server and they do not show that
they are open or protected in any way. Is this a bug in the compatibility
mode for Excel 2007? Is there any other solution other than rebooting the
server? Has this problem been reported to Microsoft?