Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HELP!!!

What I'm trying to do is input a date into say cell F1, then depending on the
date I want that to generate a price in F3.

The information is:
If date is on or between
1/1/2008-4/30/2008 = 1.69
5/1/2008-6/30/2008 = 1.79
7/1/2008-8/31/2008 = 1.89
9/1/2008-12/31/2008 = 1.99

How do I set this up? I've tried many different formulas and functions but
none are returning the results I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's one way of doing it:

=1.69 + INT((MONTH(F1)-1)/3)*0.1

but not the easiest to maintain !! <bg

Hope this helps.

Pete

"southwindmarine" wrote in
message ...
What I'm trying to do is input a date into say cell F1, then depending on
the
date I want that to generate a price in F3.

The information is:
If date is on or between
1/1/2008-4/30/2008 = 1.69
5/1/2008-6/30/2008 = 1.79
7/1/2008-8/31/2008 = 1.89
9/1/2008-12/31/2008 = 1.99

How do I set this up? I've tried many different formulas and functions but
none are returning the results I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1 way is to build a table like this which in my case is in columns A & B

00/01/1900 1.69
01/05/2008 1.79
01/07/2008 1.89
01/09/2008 1.99

Put your date in F1 and this formula is in F3
=VLOOKUP(F1,A1:B4,2,TRUE)

Note that the table must be date sorted ascending in column A but the table
can be extended as required as long as the formula is altered to suit.

Mike