Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need formula

I am working on a financial workbook in excel. How can I link data between
sheets in a workbook? When entering data in one sheet, I want it to auto
update in another sheet in the same workbook. Here is a example wheat I
want to do......

A1 Household
A2 $50 this is on one sheet and on another sheet I have.....
Total Household Expenses: $150

When I enter the $50 in the first sheet, I want the second sheet to be
updated with the $50 in "Total Household Expenses" which should change to
$200

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Where does the $150 come from?

It would be something like

=the_150_cell+SUM(Sheet1!A:A)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"George" wrote in message
I am working on a financial workbook in excel. How can I link data between
sheets in a workbook? When entering data in one sheet, I want it to auto
update in another sheet in the same workbook. Here is a example wheat I
want to do......

A1 Household
A2 $50 this is on one sheet and on another sheet I have.....
Total Household Expenses: $150

When I enter the $50 in the first sheet, I want the second sheet to be
updated with the $50 in "Total Household Expenses" which should change to
$200

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The $150 was just put there for a example. What I am doing is making a
checkbook register which has a Label as "CATEGORY" which has a drop down
menu list. In my drop dwon menu list is "Household, Auto, Income...etc.".
When I make a entry in the register for "Household" such as $50, I want
that LABEL :Household and the amount to be totaled in a summary sheet. How
can I make Excel know the difference from "household and Auto or others in
my drop down list"? Hope I explained this right. Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Where does the $150 come from?

It would be something like

=the_150_cell+SUM(Sheet1!A:A)