Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Funtion multi conditions

How could I put up a IF function with multi-conditions?

Y for "Meets", "Mostly Meet" and "Exceeds"
N for "Not Meet" and "unable to assess"
No Info for no content in cell

****************

Meets Y
Mostly Meet Y
Exceeds Y
No Info
Not Meet N
Unable to assess N
Meets Y
No Info
Not Meet N

****************

Thanks,
Aline

--
Aline
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could use an AND function along with IF.

=IF(AND(B1="Y",B2="Y",B3="Y"),"True","False")

Not sure what specifics you want.

Regards,
Paul

--

"Aline" wrote in message

How could I put up a IF function with multi-conditions?

Y for "Meets", "Mostly Meet" and "Exceeds"
N for "Not Meet" and "unable to assess"
No Info for no content in cell

****************

Meets Y
Mostly Meet Y
Exceeds Y
No Info
Not Meet N
Unable to assess N
Meets Y
No Info
Not Meet N

****************

Thanks,
Aline

--
Aline

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

How to write function on the column B according the information on the
column A?

On the column B:
it shows Y if "Meets" or "Mostly Meet" or "Exceeds" on the column A
it shows N if "Not Meet" or "unable to assess" on the column A
it shows No Info if the cell is empty on the column A

column A column B
Meets Y
Mostly Meet Y
Exceeds Y
No Info
Not Meet N
Unable to assess N
Meets Y
No Info
Not Meet N

Thanks,
Aline
--
Aline

"Aline" wrote in message

How could I put up a IF function with multi-conditions?

Y for "Meets", "Mostly Meet" and "Exceeds"
N for "Not Meet" and "unable to assess"
No Info for no content in cell

****************
column A column B
Meets Y
Mostly Meet Y
Exceeds Y
No Info
Not Meet N
Unable to assess N
Meets Y
No Info
Not Meet N

****************

Thanks,
Aline

--
Aline

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok.

=IF(OR(A1={"Meets","Mostly Meet","Exceeds"}),"Y",IF(OR(A1={"Not
Meet","unable to assess"}),"N","No Info"))

HTH,
Paul

--

"Aline" wrote in message

How could I put up a IF function with multi-conditions?

Y for "Meets", "Mostly Meet" and "Exceeds"
N for "Not Meet" and "unable to assess"
No Info for no content in cell

****************
column A column B