Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default static date in new file when data entered in another

Need help on this one. I want to enter the number "one" in any cell in a
column that will trigger entering todays date statically in the cell to the
right of that cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Right click the sheet tab, view code and paste this in. Change the column to
suit

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Value = 1 Then
Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Date
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True

Mike

"HELP ME PLEASE" wrote:

Need help on this one. I want to enter the number "one" in any cell in a
column that will trigger entering todays date statically in the cell to the
right of that cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"HELP ME PLEASE" wrote:

Thank you very much your a genius! How do I make it work on more than one
column? exp. "U:U", "W:W", "Y:Y"