Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sumproduct assistance

I'm currently using the formula below to calculate the number of subscribers,
at each subscription rate, on each delivery route. It works when the
subscriber receives a quantity of one, but not when the subscriber receives
more than one (see route2 s.total). Any assistance is appreciated.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(route range=route name),--(rate range=rate),item range)

example:
route item rate
route1 subscriber1 1 $1
route1 subscriber2 1 $2
route1 s.total 2 na

route item rate
route2 subscriber1 1 $1
route2 subscriber2 2 $2
route2 s.total 1 na
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:05:00 -0800 from Monte
:
I'm currently using the formula below to calculate the number of subscribers,
at each subscription rate, on each delivery route. It works when the
subscriber receives a quantity of one, but not when the subscriber receives
more than one (see route2 s.total). Any assistance is appreciated.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(route range=route name),--(rate range=rate),item range)

example:
route item rate
route1 subscriber1 1 $1
route1 subscriber2 1 $2
route1 s.total 2 na

route item rate
route2 subscriber1 1 $1
route2 subscriber2 2 $2
route2 s.total 1 na

I can't be certain, since you didn't show your actual formula. But
where you wrote "--(rate range=rate)", which is a test for rate
equaling some predetermined rate, I think you wanted "rate range",
which is simply the applicable rate.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Stan-
Thanks for the attempt. To clarify, I'm using two worksheets. The first
contains data, the second, a report containing the number of subscribers by
route/rank. I updated the formula and example below. The result of the first
query (# of $2 items purchased on route2) equals zero. If I change the
quantity of items to 1, the formula's result is 1.
Konran suru...
-Monte

"Stan Brown" wrote:
I can't be certain, since you didn't show your actual formula. But
where you wrote "--(rate range=rate)", which is a test for rate
equaling some predetermined rate, I think you wanted "rate range",
which is simply the applicable rate.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:05:00 -0800 from Monte
:
I'm currently using the formula below to calculate the number of subscribers,
at each subscription rate, on each delivery route. It works when the
subscriber receives a quantity of one, but not when the subscriber receives
more than one (see route2 s.total). Any assistance is appreciated.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A9="route2"),--(C1:C9="2"),B1:B9) result 0
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A9="route2"),--(C1:C9="1"),B1:B9) result 1

example:
A B C
1 route item rate
2 route1 subscriber1 1 $1
3 route1 subscriber2 1 $2
4 route1 s.total 2 na
5
6 route item rate
7 route2 subscriber1 1 $1
8 route2 subscriber2 2 $2
9 route2 s.total 2 na

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you just want to count the number of subscribers, then try it like
this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A9="route2"),--(C1:C9="2"))

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Stan Brown" wrote:
[...]

9 route2 s.total * * * * * * 2 * * * *na- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pete-
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I need to know the number of items at
each rate on each route.
Cheers.
-Monte