Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default rounding when referencing a cell with a formula?

I have set up a worksheet and need to add .5% to each cell. I am using the
formula ='Classified 08'!B5+('Classified 08'!B5*.5%) in each cell and out of
180 cells 30 are off by .01 some over some under. Any ideas why this is
happening? Out of 180 cells 30 are off by .01.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First I would use:

='Classified 08'!B5*1.05

Next make sure that the display format is not misleading you.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200770

" wrote:

I have set up a worksheet and need to add .5% to each cell. I am using the
formula ='Classified 08'!B5+('Classified 08'!B5*.5%) in each cell and out of
180 cells 30 are off by .01 some over some under. Any ideas why this is
happening? Out of 180 cells 30 are off by .01.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have a read at John McGimpsey's site about why your sum is out a peny.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP