Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default new user concantate 2 columns 479 rows?

completely confused. need to concantate 2 columns of 479 rows to combine
first and last names. using 2007 excel. how do I do this simple task, without
having to do each row seperatly?
Please note I am not a proficient user, so plain text please!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your first name is in column A, and your last name is in column B,
and your columns have headings, in C2 enter:

=a2&" "&b2

With this cell still highlighted, double click on the fill box (the small
square on the bottom right of the box).

Regards,
Fred.