Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Return a different date format

Hi
Can anyone help me with this?

What i want to do is to take part of two dates and ,a name and combine
them into a string.
In other words,I want to take the day and month from column A
(3101)and B (2410) and the first 4 letters from A (Main) to produce
the invoice no D (31012401 Main)
A B
C D

Site From
To Invoice no.

Main St 31-Jan-08 24-Oct-07 31012401 Main

I would be most grateful for suggestions.
thanks
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Trying to guess which columns you really intended, rather than what you said
below, and assuming that where you have 2401 twice you intended 2410, then
perhaps try:
=TEXT(B2,"ddmm")&TEXT(C2,"ddmm ")&LEFT(A2,4)
--
David Biddulph