Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Dynamic summation of column

Hi,
I am facing a problem with the summing of the column data dynamically in the
excel worksheet.
As of now am using the sum function =SUM(BV13:BV14) for that column, but
when the rows grows dynamically, its summing only up to the 1000 rows and
ignoring the other rows.
Could anyone please tell me the solution for this?
Thanks to everyone in advance.
Regards
Prasanth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I don't understand

=sum(BV:BV)

will sum the entire column

Mike

"prasanth" wrote:

Hi,
I am facing a problem with the summing of the column data dynamically in the
excel worksheet.
As of now am using the sum function =SUM(BV13:BV14) for that column, but
when the rows grows dynamically, its summing only up to the 1000 rows and
ignoring the other rows.
Could anyone please tell me the solution for this?
Thanks to everyone in advance.
Regards
Prasanth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Thank you for the help.

If i use as =sum(BV:BV), then its adding the total value, which is coming
in the result cell too.
In my case cell B11 is used for representing the column total. So if i put
the formula
=SUM(BV:BV) in the B11 cell, its taking the value in B11 also.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

I don't understand

=sum(BV:BV)

will sum the entire column

Mike

"prasanth" wrote:

Hi,
I am facing a problem with the summing of the column data dynamically in the
excel worksheet.
As of now am using the sum function =SUM(BV13:BV14) for that column, but
when the rows grows dynamically, its summing only up to the 1000 rows and
ignoring the other rows.
Could anyone please tell me the solution for this?
Thanks to everyone in advance.
Regards
Prasanth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I want to sum from the colum B13 to the last column (as the row data grows
dynamically based on the conditions) which is having the data.

"prasanth" wrote in message
I am facing a problem with the summing of the column data dynamically in
the
excel worksheet.
As of now am using the sum function =SUM(BV13:BV14) for that column, but
when the rows grows dynamically, its summing only up to the 1000 rows and
ignoring the other rows.
Could anyone please tell me the solution for this?
Thanks to everyone in advance.
Regards
Prasanth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put the formula:

=SUM(BV:BV)

in cell B11 as already advised.

Then put 1, 2, 3 into BV1, BV2, BV3 respectively to test it out - you
should get the answer 6 in B11. Then put the value 4 in BV4, and the
result in B11 should change to 10. Put the number 5 in BV5 and B11
should now show 15.

Are you not getting these results?

Pete

On Feb 21, 2:26*pm, prasanth
wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for the help.

If i use as *=sum(BV:BV), then its adding the total value, which is coming
in the result cell too.
In my case cell B11 is used for representing the column total. So if i put
the formula
=SUM(BV:BV) in the B11 cell, its taking the value in B11 also.

"Mike H" wrote:
Hi,

I don't understand

=sum(BV:BV)

will sum the entire column

Mike

"prasanth" wrote:

Hi,
I am facing a problem with the summing of the column data dynamically in the
excel worksheet.
As of now am using the sum function =SUM(BV13:BV14) for that column, but
when the rows grows dynamically, its summing only up to the 1000 rows and
ignoring the other rows.
Could anyone please tell me the solution for this?
Thanks to everyone in advance.
Regards
Prasanth- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If this doesn't add all the numbers beyond Row 1000, then the numbers in
those rows are *not* true numbers, but probably Text:

=Sum(BV13:BV65536)

RD