Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I use the IF statement... Need help

This is the problem I'm having... Trying to use the IF function...

IF (f7< 20), then i7 - (i7/f7)

if F7 is less then 20 i want it to do the formula, but if F7 is equal to 20
no need for the formla.

I'm working on a grading scale to keep my students grades.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

L. Taylor,

I'm guessing that you want something like this:

=IF(F7<20,I7-(I7/F7),I7)

or do you mean:

=IF(F7<20,I7-(I7/F7),F7)

It is kinda hard to tell by your description. I can tell what calculation
you want if F7 is less than 20, but what if it is greater than/equal
to...what do you want the calculation to be then?

HTH,

Conan

"L. Taylor, Jr." <L. Taylor, wrote in message
This is the problem I'm having... Trying to use the IF function...

IF (f7< 20), then i7 - (i7/f7)

if F7 is less then 20 i want it to do the formula, but if F7 is equal to
20
no need for the formla.

I'm working on a grading scale to keep my students grades.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My guess is
=IF(F7<20,I7-I7/F7,"")
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"L. Taylor, Jr." <L. Taylor, wrote in message
This is the problem I'm having... Trying to use the IF function...

IF (f7< 20), then i7 - (i7/f7)

if F7 is less then 20 i want it to do the formula, but if F7 is equal to
20
no need for the formla.

I'm working on a grading scale to keep my students grades.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Conan,

I will like to thank you very much.. I've been going crazy about this
statement. It works great. Once again Thanks. L. Taylor, Jr.

ltii

"Conan Kelly" wrote:

L. Taylor,

I'm guessing that you want something like this:

=IF(F7<20,I7-(I7/F7),I7)

or do you mean:

=IF(F7<20,I7-(I7/F7),F7)

It is kinda hard to tell by your description. I can tell what calculation
you want if F7 is less than 20, but what if it is greater than/equal
to...what do you want the calculation to be then?

HTH,

Conan

"L. Taylor, Jr." <L. Taylor, wrote in message
This is the problem I'm having... Trying to use the IF function...

IF (f7< 20), then i7 - (i7/f7)

if F7 is less then 20 i want it to do the formula, but if F7 is equal to
20
no need for the formla.

I'm working on a grading scale to keep my students grades.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

L. Taylor,

I'm glad to help.

There are 2 other people who were willing to help, but were having a hard
time trying to guess what you wanted for results. Check out Bernard
Liengme's solution to see if that fits your needs more. His solution will
make the cell appear blank if F7 is = 20.

Conan

"Conan Kelly" wrote:

L. Taylor,

I'm guessing that you want something like this:

=IF(F7<20,I7-(I7/F7),I7)

or do you mean:

=IF(F7<20,I7-(I7/F7),F7)

It is kinda hard to tell by your description. I can tell what
calculation
you want if F7 is less than 20, but what if it is greater than/equal
to...what do you want the calculation to be then?

HTH,

Conan

"L. Taylor, Jr." <L. Taylor, wrote in
message
This is the problem I'm having... Trying to use the IF function...

IF (f7< 20), then i7 - (i7/f7)

if F7 is less then 20 i want it to do the formula, but if F7 is equal
20
no need for the formla.

I'm working on a grading scale to keep my students grades.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Conan,

I think the reason why the others was having a problem with the answer was,
I was not to clear on the question. But for some reason you were to read
ahead and given me the right answer I was looking for.

The question should have been like this:

CH Total MT MOT Grade

20 100 100.0

=IF(ch<20,MT-(MT/CH)).... I had this part, but was not getting MOT the right
answer. Not until you said to use =IF(CH<20,MT-(MT/CH),MT)...

For all others who help me this, I would like to Thank You all very much
too. Cause without any of you, I would have never finish my Students Grade
Worksheet.

Thanks to All,

L. Taylor, Jr.