Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default need formula to return data from one column after comparing 2 othe

I am trying to compare 2 worksheets for similar data. I have serial numbers
in column L on Sheet1 and serial numbers in column B on Sheet 2. I want to
look for duplicated serial numbers on both worksheets. I need a formula that
will search both Sheets for any duplicated serial numbers. When duplicate
serial numbers are found, I want the data in column C (Found Date) on sheet2,
to auto fill column H (Found Date) on Sheet1.
Jeff W
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

In Sheet1,
Put in H2:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(L2,Sheet2!B:B,0)),INDEX(Sheet2! C:C,MATCH(L2,Sheet2!B:B,0)),"")
Copy down as far as required. Format as date.
--
Max
Singapore
"Jeff W" wrote:
I am trying to compare 2 worksheets for similar data. I have serial numbers
in column L on Sheet1 and serial numbers in column B on Sheet 2. I want to
look for duplicated serial numbers on both worksheets. I need a formula that
will search both Sheets for any duplicated serial numbers. When duplicate
serial numbers are found, I want the data in column C (Found Date) on sheet2,
to auto fill column H (Found Date) on Sheet1.
Jeff W

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Good to hear that, Jeff. You're welcome.