Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do i paste after filtering in excel?

hi,

i filtered blank rows in a sheet and i want to paste 20 rows of cells in
that blank rows at a time... blank rows will be 20 exactly but its not
pasting .. if iam pasting one by one row its pasting but its not pasting all
together.. pls find a solution.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's pasting all together. But it's pasting in both the visible and hidden
rows.

Maybe you can sort your data so that the area to be pasted is contiguous and
then do your pasting.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

richie wrote:

hi,

i filtered blank rows in a sheet and i want to paste 20 rows of cells in
that blank rows at a time... blank rows will be 20 exactly but its not
pasting .. if iam pasting one by one row its pasting but its not pasting all
together.. pls find a solution.

--

After filtering, selectyour desired range with the mouse, edit, go to,
special, visible cells only, copy. Select your destination. paste.

You can also drag your "select visible cells" icon from the customize
menu, and place it on a toolbar.

Pierre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Feb 15, 1:02*pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
That's never worked for me to paste over just the visible cells.

I don't think it works in any version of excel.

Pierre wrote:

<<snipped

Dave, you COPY the visible cells. Paste them where you want, in an
area that is not filtered.
HTH.

Pierre