Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default date + 6 months

I have a list with dates in fields F5-F50 and want to automatically
populate G5-G50 with a date 6 months future. I am using
=DATE(YEAR(G1),MONTH(G1)+6,DAY(G1)) but how do I get it to progress
through the colums so that G5 picks up the date from F5 and adds 6
months, G6 picks up the date from G6 and so on.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want G5 to add 6 months to F5, and G6 to add 6 months to *F6* (not to
G6 as you stated), then in G5 you use the formula
=DATE(YEAR(F5),MONTH(F5)+6,DAY(F5))
and copy it down the column.
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
I have a list with dates in fields F5-F50 and want to automatically
populate G5-G50 with a date 6 months future. I am using
=DATE(YEAR(G1),MONTH(G1)+6,DAY(G1)) but how do I get it to progress
through the colums so that G5 picks up the date from F5 and adds 6
months, G6 picks up the date from G6 and so on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You have 2 solutions.

1- Drag the formula down to the other cells
2- Copy & paste in the other cells

The cells in your formula should change by them selves.
--
Yanick