Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default reference work sheet name by using a formula

I have multiple sheets. Instead of using the harcode sheet name and the
reference cell in that sheet, is there a way to refer to the worksheet name
using a label.

I want to copy a value from sheet named "XYZ" cell "F5" to my current Sheet1
cell "A2".

Usual way is cell "A2" in Sheet1 would contain the ='XYZ'!$F$5.

Can I have a cell "A1" in Sheet1 with the value XYZ. Then my formula would
refer to that cell "A1". example =A1!F5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Correction:

=INDIRECT(A1&"!F5") to get the value from XYZ!F5

"Tyro" wrote in message
.. .
If A1 contains XYZ you can use in A2:

=INDIRECT(A1&"!F5) to get the value from XYZ!F5

Tyro