Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data Extraction (Excel 97)

I'm trying to find a way for one column in a seperate spreadsheet to be
automatically popualated by the text that is input onto another spreadsheet.
I am not taking data from one single spreadsheet but taking data from
several (100+) spreadsheets setup for individual users.
All of the user spreadsheets are the same and the data I need to tak is a
free format text entry that isn't mandatory.

Can anyone suggest a way to pull this information from the user spreadsheets
into another spreadsheet, it would need to ignore any blank information and
not overwrite information taken from the other spreadsheets. I'm using MS
Excel 97. While I have little knowlegde of VB i am willing to conceed that
this might only be possible via VB.

How the sheet is setup :

Column A | Date | Time | Query | Save | Scheme | Reason | Comments <-- Free
format

Data rows are row 3 to 1000

All suggestions are welcomed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Phendrena

Try
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

See also the code pages on the bottom

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Phendrena" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thanks for the reply.
Is there a way to this without using an add-in as i'm on a corporate network
and as such don't have the facility to use add-ins.

I'll have a look at the add-ins from home however!

Thanks,

"Phendrena" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the links to the code aswell.
Is there anyway to change the code to ignore blank entries?
At the moment the code and also the add-in pull through all the fields
within the range and many of these are blank. As such these need to be ignore.

Can this be done?

thanks,

"Phendrena" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When the merge code is ready run a macro to delete the empty rows in the merge sheet
See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm

In the next version maybe I add a filter option