Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default click on part# in pulldown list fills description cell in next col

I have a list of parts, and I am trying to format the description cell in
column 2 so that if I click on any part in the pulldown list in column 1, it
will fill the next cell with the description of that part. At some point I
will need to use the same idea to populate other cells with price, cost,
labor hours, etc. just by clicking the one part# in column 1.

sheet1:
col1 col2 col3
part#3 part3 descr part3 cost
part#15 part15 descr part15 cost
part#2 part2 descr part2 cost

sheet2:
a1: part#1 b1: part#1 descr c1: part1 cost
a2: part#2 b2: part#2 descr c2: part2 $5.25
a3: part#3 b3: part#3 descr c3: part3 $9.80
a3
etc.
Am I on the right track so far? I need to list out everything on another
page so the formula has a range to look at? And I'm assuming part1 needs to
be on the same row as description1 and cost1.
I'd like to leave some blank spaces at the end of each list on sheet2 so
that I can add to the list without having to go back and edit all the
formatted cells on sheet1 with a new range, but I seem to remember blank
cells in a range are a problem.

Any help would be appreciated - please use small words :)
I'm using Excel2003.
Thank you,
Jules
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions