-   -   sum year to date totals for particular month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/175451-sum-year-date-totals-particular-month.html)

irishrover

sum year to date totals for particular month

I have an actual sales report by month and a separate line for budget with
all 12 months. I want to generate a report monthly which will give year to
date actul and YTD budget. Actual is easy as forward months will be zero. How
do I total the proper number of months from the budget date to compare actual
versus budget?

Bob Phillips

sum year to date totals for particular month

If the budget is in say B2:B13, use

=SUM(B2:INDEX(B2:B13,MONTH(TODAY())))

--
---