Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sums with several conditions

I've tried several things but I must be missing something.
I've been given a pile of data and have worked things out to something like
this example:

Firm status <1 1 2 3 3

A a 1 0 0 2 2
b 6 0 0 0 4
c 0 2 3 3 0

B a 1 1 2 0 3
b 1 2 3 1
c 3 3 1

A a 1 1 0 3
b 1 2 3

A a
and so on
C a 1000 rows

.. 3 firms
.. 3 to 6 statuses
.. 7 rows with data/values (the data is imported & calculated)

I need totals per firm, per status, per value, so that would be

firm status <1 1 2 3 3

A a 2 1 0 5 ...
b 7 2 3 ... ...
c ... ... ...

B a

C a

I've tried several things/formulas but am probably overlooking a simple
thing because the totals don't add up right. I've worked with 2007 for a
while now, but this one requires 2003 (different functionality) on WinXP sp2.
I've changed most of the formulas that were already there successfully, this
one won't fly just yet.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ok, didn't think of the formatting .... so here goes:

FIRM -- STAT -- VAL1 -- VAL2 -- VAL3 --- VAL4 --- VAL5 -- VAL6 -- VAL7

- A ------ a -------1 ------- 0 ------- 2 ------- 5 ------- 0 ------- 2
------- 5
---------- b -------3 ------- 0 ------- 1 ------- 2 ------- 3 ------- 1
------- 2