Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default AutoFilter does not include ascending or descending options

Excel 2002 - When I turn on auto filter in a spreasheet and attempt to filter
there is no ascending or descending options in the menu. I do get all names
/ numbers top 10, blanks, but no option for ascending or descending.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ronjon444,

If I'm not mistaken, that functionality was added in XL 2003. That is why
you are not seeing it in XL2002

HTH,

Conan

"ronjon444" wrote in message
Excel 2002 - When I turn on auto filter in a spreasheet and attempt to
filter
there is no ascending or descending options in the menu. I do get all
names
/ numbers top 10, blanks, but no option for ascending or descending.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If I'm not mistaken, you can sort either way after filtering without
losing the filter.

On Jan 30, 4:34 pm, ronjon444
wrote:
Excel 2002 - When I turn on auto filter in a spreasheet and attempt to filter
there is no ascending or descending options in the menu. I do get all names
/ numbers top 10, blanks, but no option for ascending or descending.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Conan

You are not mistaken.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"ronjon444" wrote in message
Excel 2002 - When I turn on auto filter in a spreasheet and attempt to
filter
there is no ascending or descending options in the menu. I do get all
names
/ numbers top 10, blanks, but no option for ascending or descending.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jan 30, 3:11*pm, wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, you can sort either way after filtering without
losing the filter.

On Jan 30, 4:34 pm, ronjon444
wrote: Excel 2002 - When I turn on auto filter in a spreasheet and attempt to filter
there is no ascending or descending options in the menu. *I do get all names
/ numbers top 10, blanks, but no option for ascending or descending.

Thanks for the help.

Once you set auto filters on header rows, click on cell with pulldown
handle to make cell active. Then, do a ALT+UP ARROW and you will see
the option for Ascending and Decending. I also discovered that
sometimes you just have to move the scrollbar on the pulldown field up
and they are there. For some reason Excel doesn't show these each time
by default.

Hope this helps!